LSI Now Sampling to Server Manufacturers High-Availability Direct-Attached Storage Solutions for Windows Server Platforms
Technology demos at TechEd showcase HA-DAS solutions providing continuous application uptime at a fraction of the cost and complexity of existing solutions
TECHED CONFERENCE, ORLANDO, Fla., June 11, 2012 – LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI)
today announced that it has begun sampling to select server manufacturers its high-availability direct-attached storage (HA-DAS) solutions for Microsoft Windows®
Server platforms. LSI® HA-DAS solutions
are designed to provide small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and cloud datacenter customers with increased application availability and uptime while decreasing the complexity and costs of shared storage based on existing high-availability solutions.
LSI HA-DAS solutions are being featured at Microsoft’s TechEd Technical Learning Center, which marks the first time that a group of companies is working together to show HA-DAS in a Cluster-in-a-Box (CiB) environment. This configuration is designed to:
- Provide continuous, high-availability servers and storage for critical business applications
- Fill the gap between limited single-node servers and enterprise-level scale-out servers
- Offer multiple server nodes and storage in a customizable, easy-to-deploy chassis
“The massive growth in data and the need for continuous uptime have increased the need for high-availability server systems,” said Thomas Pfenning, general manager, Server Storage and Availability, Microsoft. “Together, LSI HA-DAS solutions and Windows Server can provide the necessary availability and uptime benefits found in traditional high-availablity systems, while also being easier to manage and more cost-effective.”
The CiB solution at TechEd uses LSI HA-DAS technology, and MegaRAID® SAS controllers will be featured in a series of public demonstrations, each focused on a unique aspect of the HA-DAS solution.
The TechEd sessions featuring LSI HA-DAS include:
- Hyper-V over SMB2: Remote File Storage Support in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
– Tuesday, June 12, from 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- Windows Server 2012 NIC Teaming and Multichannel Solutions
– Tuesday, June 12, from 5-6:15 p.m.
- Windows Server 2012 High-Performance, Highly Available Storage Using SMB
– Wednesday, June 13, from 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- How to Increase SQL Availability and Performance Using Windows Server 2012 SMB
– Thursday, June 14, from 8:30-9:45 a.m.
- Windows Server 2012: Cluster-in-a-Box, RDMA and More
– Thursday, June 14, from 1-2:15 p.m.
LSI representatives are available at the TechEd Partner Pavilion this week to provide information and answer questions about HA-DAS technology.
For additional information about HA-DAS, visit www.ha-das.com
to download a technology briefing paper and view educational videos that demonstrate the technology and cover application benefits for IT professionals.
LSI HA-DAS solutions are expected to be generally available in the fourth quarter of 2012. Visit www.lsi.com/HA-DAS
LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters, mobile networks and client computing. Our technology is the intelligence critical to enhanced application performance, and is applied in solutions created in collaboration with our partners. More information is available at www.lsi.com
LSI, the LSI & Design logo and MegaRAID are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation.
All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.