LSI Expands Reach with New VAR Program Focused on Nytro™ Product Portfolio of Intelligent Flash-based Solutions
VARs can now take advantage of LSI® application acceleration products to differentiate their offerings and cost-effectively address bottlenecks of traditional storage architectures
MILPITAS, Calif., June 12, 2012 – LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI)
today announced the LSI® Valued Solution Partner™ (VSP™) Program
, a multi-level program for value-added resellers (VARs) designed to help them solve customer challenges related to massive data growth and the bottlenecks of traditional storage architectures. The Program includes a wide range of benefits, including access to dedicated LSI Channel resources, tools and support designed to help VARs address new business opportunities and gain a competitive edge.
The VSP Program is backed by the industry’s most complete line of storage solutions, including the recently introduced Nytro portfolio
, a second-generation family of solutions combining PCIe®
flash technology with intelligent caching and management software to achieve accelerated application performance in datacenters and cloud environments.
“The VAR channel is an exciting new way for LSI to take our Nytro products to market by working with leading industry VARs to demonstrate the benefits of our innovative flash technologies,” said Brent Blanchard, director, worldwide channel sales and marketing, LSI. “LSI is committed to the Channel and to helping VARs deliver differentiated solutions that help them stand out from the competition, increase revenue opportunities and secure new business.”
The VSP Program provides participants with varying levels of access to LSI marketing resources and sales support based on their level of commitment. Depending on the participation level, program benefits may include market development funds, an opportunity registration program, lead-generation opportunities, a sales incentive program and demonstration and customer evaluation programs.
VAR support for VSP Program
“CMT exists to provide our customers with an unwavering commitment to delivering technology solutions that enable continued growth, efficiency and mutual success,” said Dennis Mueller, vice president, Innovation & Emerging Technologies, Computer Media Technologies. “We believe the LSI Nytro portfolio of flash-based solutions has the potential to be a game changer, and our participation in the VSP Program will allow us to bring the benefits of the product family to our customers to improve application performance and virtual machine density without massive expenditures on additional spindles.
“Flash-based solutions are having a huge impact on the market segment, and we’re excited that LSI is making its innovative and extensive Nytro product portfolio available to us via their new program,” said John Barnes, area vice president, Groupware Technology. “The VSP Program will provide us with the products, tools and resources to differentiate from the competition and grow our business.”
Nytro product portfolio at-a-glance
Nytro solutions are designed to allow datacenters to contend with the massive and growing data deluge, and its impact on the ability of databases and other critical applications to rapidly access data and extract its full value through approaches such as real-time analytics and reporting. The Nytro product portfolio includes:
LSI Nytro WarpDrive™ Application Acceleration Cards
– a second-generation family of PCIe flash adapters for drop-in high performance and low latency to accelerate transactional application performance and response time. Nytro WarpDrive cards range in capacity from 200GB to 1.6TB of MLC or SLC flash memory, and are powered by the award-winning performance, reliability and energy efficiency of LSI SandForce®
Flash Storage Processors.
LSI Nytro XD Application Acceleration Storage Solution
– combines the LSI Nytro WarpDrive card with Nytro XD intelligent caching software for out-of-the-box application acceleration for storage area networks (SAN) and direct-attached storage (DAS) environments. The Nytro XD solution automatically and transparently caches frequently accessed data reads and writes to high-performance PCIe flash storage, reducing latency and delivering up to a 30x performance improvement over HDD-only storage systems.
LSI Nytro MegaRAID® Application Acceleration Cards
- provide simple and cost-effective acceleration of SAS-connected DAS storage by combining the proven RAID performance and data protection capabilities of LSI MegaRAID controllers with on-board flash and intelligent caching software. Nytro MegaRAID cards automatically move data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to blend high-performance and high-capacity storage without requiring expensive software tuning or rewrites.
Pricing1 and availability:
Nytro WarpDrive SLC-based solutions
- Nytro NWD-WLP4-200: $6,596
- Nytro NWD-WLP4-4002: $12,195
Nytro WarpDrive eMLC-based solutions
- Nytro NWD-BLP 4-400: $5,945
- Nytro NWD-BLP 4-800: $10,895
- Nytro NWD-BLP 4-16002: $20,795
Nytro XD caching bundle
- Nytro NXD-BLP 4-400: $10,695
- Nytro NXD-BLP 4-8002: $15,645
Nytro MegaRAID solution models and pricing will be announced in the third quarter.
LSI Nytro products are available through the LSI worldwide network of authorized distributors, integrators and VARs. More information on the VSP Program and Nytro product portfolio is available at www.lsi.com/channel. Connect with LSI via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters, mobile networks and client computing. Our technology is the intelligence critical to enhanced application performance, and is applied in solutions created in collaboration with our partners. More information is available at www.lsi.com
(1) Estimated MSRP. Actual prices may vary.
(2) Expected availability in July, 2012.
LSI, the LSI & Design logo, MegaRAID, Nytro, SandForce, Valued Solution Partner, VSP and WarpDrive are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation.
All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.