Summit highlights the strategic role of the datacenter and new ways to unlock value and competitive advantage from massive data volumes
ACCELERATING INNOVATION SUMMIT, SAN JOSE, Calif., November 20, 2013 – LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) today announced the sixth annual Accelerating Innovation Summit (AIS) has opened with record registrations and a strong line-up of leading industry luminaries. The event highlights emerging technologies and addresses the challenges and opportunities of “The Datacentric Era.” In keynotes and panels, industry leaders will discuss how businesses can effectively manage massive volumes of data while also achieving the highest performance and efficiency in their datacenters.
Participants will discuss strategic datacenter technologies and architectures including flash, OpenStack and Open Compute, and software-defined storage and networking solutions. A technology showcase highlights new LSI products as well as demonstrations with partners representing a cross-section of the broader datacenter ecosystem.
“The datacenter has never been as strategic to corporate success as it is today, and companies are racing to analyze and unlock the value and competitive edge often hiding in their fast-growing data flows. There is a strong demand for real-time analysis capabilities and lower-cost, high-speed access to their stored data without compromising security or data integrity,” said Abhi Talwalkar, LSI president and CEO. “As a result, IT executives must accelerate application performance, reduce power consumption and lower latency across compute, memory, storage and networking – while under tremendous pressure to reduce total cost of ownership. At AIS we will discuss these challenges and demonstrate how LSI storage and networking solutions are helping to meet the needs of our increasingly datacentered world.”
AIS 2013 keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Abhi Talwalkar, president and CEO of LSI
- Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box
- Chris Kemp, founder and CSO of Nebula and co-founder of the OpenStack Project
- Cole Crawford, COO of the Open Compute Project Foundation
- Rob Crooke, corporate vice president and general manager of the NVM Solutions Group with Intel
- Ray O’Farrell, corporate senior vice president of Cloud Infrastructure R&D with VMware
- Vince M. Walden, partner of Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services with Ernst & Young
New Product Announcements Include:
- SandForce® SF3700 flash controller family – optimized for client, enterprise and hyperscale markets and featuring dual PCIe and SATA host interfaces in a single design
- 12Gb/s SAS MegaRAID® Controller Cards and 12Gb/s SAS Expanders – bringing end-to-end family of solutions for enterprise and hyperscale cloud environments and building on LSI’s first-to-market 12Gb/s SAS technology leadership with unique DataBolt™ feature that enables 12Gb/s SAS performance with 6Gb/s SAS drives
- Nytro™ XP6200 PCIe Flash Series – for the high-growth hyperscale market with low $/GB, scalable PCIe flash solutions for read-intensive workloads
- Axxia® 4500 Communication Processors – shipping to leading networking OEMs with new StreamSight™ Deep Packet Inspection engine that provides improved SDN controller traffic inspection, efficiency of networking management and security, as well as allowing flexible processor configurability for optimal performance on a packet-by-packet basis
AIS Technology Areas of Focus
The AIS agenda features concurrent panel sessions and presentations centered around three tracks:
- Your datacenter as a strategic investment: getting more for less including big data, flash acceleration, 12GB/s SAS and sharable DAS
- The “open” datacenter: making the enterprise cloud possible including real-time analytics of network data flows, OpenStack and Open Compute and Software-Defined Networks
- Flashing into the future: computing at hyperspeed including sub-20nm flash extending the capacity of MLC flash virtual desktop/VDI server performance with flash, and improving Oracle database performance with flash caching
Technology Showcase and Technology Demonstrations
- AIS 2013 Platinum Sponsors include ARM, IBM, Microsoft, Synopsys and TSMC. Gold Sponsors include ADATA, Avant, DataON, EMC, Kingston, Quanta, Supermicro, Toshiba and Wind River. Additional exhibitors include Cisco, EchoStreams, Hyve Solutions, Nebula, OakGate Technology, Radisys, SanDisk, Tieto, Unimicron and Wintec.
- The summit also offers technology demonstrations of the latest storage and networking technologies from LSI and select partners including:
- SF3700 controller family’s breakthrough client performance of over 1.8GB/s sequential read with Toshiba Advanced 19nm (A19nm) NAND flash
- SandForce flash controller customers ADATA, Avant and Kingston will showcase new SF3700-based SSD products
- 12Gb/s SAS MegaRAID together with Syncro® solutions within a Rackscale storage architecture to show the benefits of storage resource pooling and server disaggregation
Media are invited to join the sessions, and executives and partner attendees are available for interviews.
Additional information is available at http://www.lsi.com/ais/2013.
LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters, mobile networks and client computing. Our technology is the intelligence critical to enhanced application performance, and is applied in solutions created in collaboration with our partners. More information is available at www.lsi.com. Connect with LSI via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
LSI, the LSI & Design logo, Storage.Networking.Accelerated., SandForce, MegaRAID, DataBolt, Nytro, Axxia and Syncro are trademarks or registered trademarks of LSI Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.