The AXP3440 is a PCI Express card that provides OEMs a simple way to add high-performance, deterministic networking features to standard x86 servers. Built around the Axxia Communication Processor, this solution provides inline and co-processor acceleration of security processing, content processing, and real-time services such as application recognition, network packet capture, network performance monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
Protocol Analyzers, Network Monitoring Appliances, Security Appliances, Application Delivery Controllers, WAN Optimization Controllers, and VPN and Firewall Appliances
- Based on the Axxia Communication Processor
– Quad-core PowerPC® 476 Processor
– Hardware accelerator engines, including
classification, deep packet inspection, packet
integrity check, and traffic management
– Deterministic performance under varying traffic
– Up to 20 Gbps bidirectional throughput in using
fast-path hardware accelerators
- Half-length, full-height PCI Express® card (PCIe® Gen2 x16 connector, x4 data lanes)
- Dual 10 Gbps Ethernet interfaces (SFP+) and 1 Gbps Ethernet interface (RJ-45)
- Simplified development and debugging
– Available 10/100 Fast Ethernet management port
for development and debugging1
– Available serial port for management and
- Software features
– Application recognition
– IPSec monitoring and decryption
– Packet assembly and classification
– Packet transfer to host processor on per-flow or
– Customizable reference code for pattern recognition
and replacement and TCP/IP header manipulation
- Software Support Packages:
– Application Recognition
– Network Monitoring
– IEEE 1588 Timing
– TCP/IP Offload
– LSI Real Time Environment (RTE)
– Axxia Software Environment (ASE)
- Supports IEEE® 1588 network synchronization
- Offloads host CPU resources for compute intensive and latency sensitive network functions, freeing host resources for other functions and reducing cost and power.
- Fits within most standard x86 server chassis.
- Provides 20 Gbps bi-directional throughout for high-speed Enterprise and datacenter applications. Supports pluggable SFP+ modules for long-range optical, short-range optical, or copper interfaces. Separate Gigabit Ethernet port supports out-of-band network management and IEEE 1588 timing synchronization.
- Supports on-chip debug of customer applications on the Axxia Communications Processor CPU.
- Supports offload of a wide range of applications, and can be deployed in any x86 server or appliance.
- Enables OEMs to quickly customize solutions using high-level APIs common across the Axxia Communication Processor family, allowing developers to leverage a single application software investment to be scaled across multiple generations and focus on product differentiation.
- Supports high resolution time stamping of network packets. Provides greater accuracy in network protocol and traffic analysis
|Number of PowerPC® Cores
|CPU Clock Freq.
|L2 Cache Total
|System Cache Total
||4 GB DDR3 (800 MHz)|
|Data Throughput (IMIX)
|PCI Express Form Factor
(167.5 mm x 110.6 mm)
|PCI Express Connector
|PCI Express Logical Lanes
|PCI Express Throughput
||13 Gbps unidirectional|
||Dual 10 Gbps Ethernet (SFP+) |
1 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)
Available 10/100 Fast Ethernet (RJ-45)1
Available Serial Port (RS232)1
||65 W Max. |
55 W Typ.
||50 deg. C max.|
If you're looking for secured documentation, you must register first. If you're already registered, please sign in now to gain access to your approved documents and downloads.