- Single-chip, integrated Link and PHY for PCI Express 1394b
- Supports three 1394b 800-Mb/s ports
- High-performance, pipelined data transfer
- Sustained performance of 87-MByte/s read and 78-MByte/s write
- Dedicated asynchronous and isochronous descriptor-based DMA engines
- Large DMA FIFOs
- Enhanced power management
- 480-mW typical power consumption
- Full Advanced System Power Management (ASPM) and CLKREQ power management support
- Single 24.576-MHz crystal for lower BOM costs
- Single 3.3-V supply
- Optional configuration EEPROM support
- Small form factor halogen-free BGA package – 7 x 7mm footprint
- Also available in 11 x 11 mm BGA package for lower-cost board layouts
- Support for Windows and MacOS operating systems
- Supports eight isochronous contexts for greater number of concurrent video streams
- Fastest 1394b device and the only single-chip PCI Express 1394b device available on the market today.
- LSI provides support for the FW643 with:
– Evaluation adapter board
– Ready-to-manufacture adapter card reference design
– Manufacturing test utilities
– Configuration EEPROM image
- Compliant and interoperable with 1394 TA specification.
- Compatible with Windows® 7.
If you're looking for secured documentation, you must register first. If you're already registered, please sign in now to gain access to your approved documents and downloads.