When hard drive performance isn’t enough, adding solid state drives (SSDs) as a front-end cache is a cost-effective way to increase application performance. The MegaRAID® SAS 9271-8iCC SATA and SAS RAID controller card features built-in CacheCade® Pro software for turning attached SSDs into front-end flash cache. Users see faster access times while protecting investments in existing hard disk drive (HDD) infrastructure.
- Connect up to 128 SATA or SAS drives with eight internal 6 Gb/s SATA and SAS ports
- Connect up to 32 SSDs as front-end flash cache to accelerate performance of hard drive arrays
- Fit into rack-mounted servers with low-profile form factor, PCIe® 3.0 connectivity, and side-mounted SAS connectors
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60
- Add more protection and peace of mind with optional CacheVault® flash cache protection and heat-tolerant battery backup cache protection modules