Learn about the LSI RMA process.
Avago offers a Standard Warranty as well as Additional Support Service options for
our LSI-branded storage adapter products.
(For services outside North America, please contact your local Avago representative.)
The Standard Warranty offers:
- 3-year parts replacement support on RAID controllers and HBAs from date of purchase, EXCLUDING batteries, memory
- 3-year parts replacement support from date of purchase for CacheVault modules
- 1-year parts replacement support from date of purchase for batteries, memory and
- Part(s) replacement upon authorization by LSI (standard process may take up to 30
days, expedited delivery may be available; see Additional Service options below)
- Free technical support during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00am
to 9:00pm Eastern Time, USA, excluding holidays
- Free software/firmware updates
Additional Service options available and pricing: 1) Advanced
Option a) Next Business Day - $49
Option b) Next Business Day AM delivery - $59
You will need to provide a credit card number, and upon verification of payment,
Technical Support will contact you.
Option c) Ground Shipping – No Charge
You will need to provide credit card information to ensure the return of defective
Availability of services and options may vary depending on local conditions; please
check with your local LSI representative for availability in your location.
*Credit card required to pay for all Additional Service options.
For warranty services within the first 30 days of purchase, contact the provider
from whom you purchased the product for warranty claims. Beyond this date, you can
follow the process as describe below for any warranty and support services you might
need. The warranty herein is made to and for the benefit of the original purchaser
of this Product and is non-transferable.
- To apply for warranty:
If within 30 days of date of purchase, you should contact the provider from
whom you purchased the product.
- If beyond 30 days from date of purchase:
- Contact LSI at 1.800.633.4545 or submit a form.
- You will need to provide the product serial number for entitlement validation as
well as contact information for troubleshooting and RMA purposes.
- Upon validation of entitlement, LSI will initiate a troubleshooting session with
you. If it has been determined that part(s) replacement is required, LSI will provide
an authorization number and initiate the returns process through our RMA provider.
- Our RMA provider will provide instructions, including the required ESD packing procedures,
for the return of the part(s) to be replaced. Returns are to be at your expense.
For standard RMA, replacement parts will be dispatched upon receipt of failed component
in proper packaging. This standard RMA process may take up to 30 days. You will
be charged for any parts received exhibiting signs of customer-induced damage.
- For customers electing to use Advanced Parts/Expedited Delivery, the service
charges (see Pricing) include shipping, packaging and insurance costs. When the
replacement part is received, you can return the defective part using the same
shipping container (instructions provided with RMA). Parts not returned within
fourteen (14) calendar days will be charged to you. Failure to pay the invoice will
result in termination of the warranty.
For more details regarding services available and pricing in your country/region,
please contact your local LSI representative.